Forward Deployed Software Engineer
HEALTH[at]SCALE is a rapidly growing healthcare machine intelligence startup founded by machine learning and clinical faculty with strong ties to MIT, Stanford, Harvard and U-Michigan; and backed by leading investors. Our mission is to match the world’s patients to the right treatments by the right providers at the right times using bleeding-edge innovations in machine learning and artificial intelligence to drive precision delivery of healthcare. Our machine intelligence-based software platform and applications are in use by leading managed care organization to manage tens of millions of patients each day. HEALTH[at]SCALE powers some of the largest existing deployments of machine learning and artificial intelligence for healthcare use cases anywhere in the world; and offers breakthrough capabilities to improve the management of complex populations across complex provider networks through proactive and personalized decisions at critical points across the care continuum.
There are several things that are important to us as a company. We are committed to ensuring longer, healthier and happier lives for those around us. We continuously push the boundaries of machine learning and artificial intelligence. We take pride in engineering scalable and secure software systems and applications. We have a deep appreciation for user experiences and operational workflow constraints. We innovate persistently on new use cases and applications to solve major healthcare challenges and to improve the outcomes, quality, economics and accessibility of care. We are passionate about bringing together exceptionally talented individuals to drive the endless possibilities to improve healthcare.
For more information, please visit our website.
- Engage with customers to maximize productive and successful use of the company’s solutions
- Deploy, integrate and secure company’s machine intelligence platform and software applications for on-premise use with customer data systems and within the constraints of customer operational workflows
- Identity limitations and develop enhancements and improvements to algorithms, systems and processing workflows to enhance impact of company’s solutions for healthcare use cases
- Collect feedback and create opportunities to add new features and capabilities
- Travel and manage relationships with customer business and technical teams
- Work cross-functionally with other company teams to enable success of complex customer-facing projects
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed (>50% of time spent on-site)
- 2+ years of experience implementing software for data analytics (including aspects relating to ETL, data warehousing, data science, statistical evaluation etc.)
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure, storage/database systems, front-end and back-end frameworks, operating and distributed systems, data structures and other technical tools
- Familiarity with foundational concepts of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Proficiency in Python and big data/ML stack (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HDFS, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.)
- Strong interest in engaging with customer business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts clearly to non-technical users
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role
- Experience dealing with EHRs and claims system
HEALTH[at]SCALE offers competitive salary, stock options, high-quality health benefits (medical, dental and vision), parental leave benefits and flexible work hours. Our team matters deeply to us and we place great importance on maintaining a positive work-life balance and to empowering each other to maximally achieve our personal and professional goals. HEALTH[at]SCALE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its hiring and business practices. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: HEALTH[at]SCALE does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HEALTH[at]SCALE employees or any organization location. HEALTH[at]SCALE is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.