Machine Learning Software Engineer
HEALTH[at]SCALE is a rapidly growing healthcare machine intelligence startup founded by machine learning and clinical faculty with strong ties to MIT, Stanford, Harvard and U-Michigan; and backed by leading investors. Our mission is to match the world’s patients to the right treatments by the right providers at the right times using bleeding-edge innovations in machine learning and artificial intelligence to drive precision delivery of healthcare. Our machine intelligence-based software platform and applications are in use by leading managed care organization to manage tens of millions of patients each day. HEALTH[at]SCALE powers some of the largest existing deployments of machine learning and artificial intelligence for healthcare use cases anywhere in the world; and offers breakthrough capabilities to improve the management of complex populations across complex provider networks through proactive and personalized decisions at critical points across the care continuum.
There are several things that are important to us as a company. We are committed to ensuring longer, healthier and happier lives for those around us. We continuously push the boundaries of machine learning and artificial intelligence. We take pride in engineering scalable and secure software systems and applications. We have a deep appreciation for user experiences and operational workflow constraints. We innovate persistently on new use cases and applications to solve major healthcare challenges and to improve the outcomes, quality, economics and accessibility of care. We are passionate about bringing together exceptionally talented individuals to drive the endless possibilities to improve healthcare.
For more information, please visit our website.
- Design and implement new predictive machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies
- Engineer machine intelligence systems and infrastructure for real-world production use at scale
- Improve the accuracy, runtime, scalability and reliability of machine intelligence systems
- Develop and implement machine intelligence platform APIs for multiple use-cases
- Drive architecture of platform and application capabilities embedding machine intelligence
- Build and enhance data pipelines and data warehouses for machine intelligence
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to provide engineering leadership to complex projects
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience with data analytics and machine learning in academia or industry
- Strong understanding of the foundational concepts of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Strong proficiency in Python and cloud computing environments
- In-depth knowledge and experience with distributed systems, relational databases, NoSQL
- Familiarity with data technology stack (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HDFS, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with healthcare datasets (e.g., EHR/claims/omics/device/notes/image data)
HEALTH[at]SCALE offers competitive salary, stock options, high-quality health benefits (medical, dental and vision), parental leave benefits and flexible work hours. Our team matters deeply to us and we place great importance on maintaining a positive work-life balance and to empowering each other to maximally achieve our personal and professional goals. HEALTH[at]SCALE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its hiring and business practices. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: HEALTH[at]SCALE does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HEALTH[at]SCALE employees or any organization location. HEALTH[at]SCALE is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.